There are now two options for the Hang En trek, with the major difference being the location of the camp site. The cave camps sets up camp inside the cave on a river beach after exploring Hang En on day 1 of the trip. The Jungle Camp Adventure explores Hang Lanh on day 1 and camps in the jungle, before exploring Hang En on day 2.
On this tour you will trek to the awe inspiring Hang En cave over 2 days, as well as exploring the cold cave, Hang Lanh.
Hang En is one of the largest and most beautiful caves in the world, and is as close as you can get to Hang Son Doong (the world’s biggest cave) at an affordable price. This tour goes through Ban Doong Minority village, one of few settlements within the park.
You approach Hang En along a cool river, often wading through the stream. The cave comes in to sight as a small entrance, but what is behind it will blow you away. The immense cavern, the rock formations, the wildlife and the jungle all make this an incredible trip.
- 25km Jungle trekking over 2 days
- 4km caving in Hang En and Hang Lanh
- Camping on the beach inside the cave or at a campsite in the jungle
- Multiple river crossings
Adventure level: Moderate High
20km of jungle trekking and caving. Physical fitness is required including swimming and walking on rocky boulders and uneven and slippery ground. Some scrambling over rocks will require use of your hands.
What to bring
- Long shirt and trousers and good trekking shoes
- Close weave trekking socks (not ankle socks)
- Personal items, swimwear, camera, water bottle
- A change of clothing and sandals for in camp
- A travel towel or Sarong (not the room towels please!)